Friday, May 4, 2012

Leave It To the Six Year Olds...

When I shared with my class that I am expecting, they had quite a few questions and interesting comments! They knew what twins were thanks to a story we read this year, and there is another teacher at our school who just left for maternity leave so they got the drift :) Here are some of the highlights from the past couple of days....

"You should drink milk instead of water so the babies can drink milk too."

"Are you having two snacks so each baby gets one?" 

"What kinds of fun things do the babies get to do?" 

"Can they see what you see?"

"I can feel the babies writing letters on the inside of your tummy!"

"Your babies are zero."

"How are they going to get the babies out of your stomach?" At least they didn't ask how they got in there!

The best part was the "massage" a couple of the girls gave me on the playground where they pinched the sides of my neck and rubbed their hands in circles on each shoulder.

They sure are a cute bunch (most of the time :). They also did great on their benchmark reading assessment where they are scored on how many words read in a minute. The benchmark goal for First grade is 40 words in a minute and my class average is 68! I'm proud of them for becoming such great readers. Only 15 more days of school, wooooo whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment