Friday morning was the Kiddie Parade where all 7 of the nieces and nephews dressed up, decorated their bikes, trikes and strollers and walked part way around the square.
My sis and law Sadie and her son Nathan even made the front page of the local paper!
After the 10 minute long parade, the kids had ice cream and I took my niece Grace over to meet Miss Arizona :) Her name is Piper Stoeckel and she's from Prescott, we danced at the same studio but I'm pretty sure I'm at least 10 years older than her!
That night Dan went to the rodeo with his brother and wife but I stayed in. He had a great time, maybe I'll go next year when I'm not pregnant and exhausted!
Saturday morning was the big parade and my sweet dad went downtown extra early to set up chairs in the shade for us. Thank goodness because it was HOT!
During the parade I met up with a friend from childhood and fellow blogger Amber and she gave me a sweet gift for the twins and taught me all about her double stroller. We actually wound up registering for the same one, we liked it so much...thanks Amber! After the parade was the Whiskey Row Boot Race and about half of the nieces and nephews AND my sister in law participated. Two of the boys even took 3rd place in their age categories :) I took videos of each race but they got erased off of my iPhone, so sad!
That afternoon we had a family BBQ at Dan's brother's house and it was so nice to sit outside, relax and watch the kiddies play! Sunday we made our rounds to the different houses to say goodbye and documented the baby bump for my mom :)
We had a great weekend celebrating with family! This week we Dan was busy painting the nursery and I got the organization bug, going through closets and piles of baby clothes and blankets. Hopefully we'll have an update on the twins and nursery soon!










No comments:
Post a Comment