Friday, August 16, 2013

You Know You're a Twin Mom When...

Another twin mom and I were texting the other day about how being twin moms is like being part of a secret society. Any time I'm out with the twins and there's another mother of multiples around, she'll always come talk to me and vice versa. It's quite a club we've joined, double the blessings! This friend and I were going back and forth about the uniqueness of being a twin mom so I thought I'd share...

You know you're a twin mom when...

  • You wish your C-Section came with a tummy tuck
  • You're used to the stares, "bless your heart"s and "you've got your hands full" comments everywhere you go
  • You cried when you found out you were having twins and either waned to punch your husband or kiss your Reproductive Endocrinologist
  • You spend more time with your breast pump than your friends
  • You have a Breastfriend nursing pillow collecting dust somewhere because tandem nursing is an urban twin myth
  • You roll your eyes smile when someone tells you their two young children close in age is "the same as having twins"
  • Your babies are on a perfect schedule courtesy of the NICU and your type A personality that you; a) already had or b) developed due to having twins
  • You have the same answer when people ask "are they natural?"
  • That answer may include, but is not limited to...
    • "we were very blessed"
    • "it was a total surprise"
    • "twins do/do not run in our family"
    • "yes, they're real babies"
    • "do you mind if I ask how you conceived your children?"
    • "we did IVF, bitch."
  • You want to lose your mind when people ask if they are twins. "No, they are just two babies who are the same size, wearing matching outfits, born 9 months apart."
  • Your diaper bag is almost too big to be a carry on
  • Your biceps are amazing
  • You get twice the love, twice the cuddles, twice the kisses and you feel twice as blessed for being a mom to two perfect little people!
Nothing is more true than this quote I've seen from other twin moms; "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart"


1 comment:

  1. Seriously, the question of "are the twins?" has to be my favorite. And I really really want to come up with some smart answer one day just to see a reaction. I feel like it is the dumbest question ever and it never stops!!! I really do think it is just the way people strike up the conversation, but come on! Find a better way :) And yes, our hearts are so so full. I wouldn't want it any other way!

    ReplyDelete