So far the twins are doing pretty well on solids, despite what their faces might tell you!
I have made each item that they've had besides the oatmeal cereal and it feels really good to be able to do that for them. There have been sweet potatoes, carrots (not my fave to make, not their fave to eat), green beans and peas. Next is fruit, I made pears to try this weekend...maybe applesauce? Bananas, mangos, avacado? Each time I feed them, I feel good knowing that their food is relatively fresh and not coming from a package. Not that I have anything against canned baby food, I'm sure we'll go through a few cans in our day. I just prefer to make what I can and save the $$! Can't help but wonder how I'd feel if the breastmilk stuck around a little longer...

I'm totally excited to make my own baby food, so I feel you lady! It is so easy too! I just don't know why everyone doesn't do it!
ReplyDelete